Thursday, December 4, 2008

Bush Didn't Sell His Soul For Politics

President Bush recently sat down with his sister, Doro Bush Koch, and gave her an insightful interview on the impact his faith has made on his family and his presidency. Bush also discussed his hopes for his legacy. See LifeSite News.

"I would like to be a person remembered as a person who, first and foremost, did not sell his soul in order to accommodate the political process," Bush told his sister. "I came to Washington with a set of values, and I'm leaving with the same set of values. And I darn sure wasn't going to sacrifice those values; that I was a President that had to make tough choices and was willing to make them."

Bush wants to be remembered for liberating Iraqis from dictatorship and for advancing health care at home and abroad. He also said he wanted to be known for being a president that "focused on individuals rather than process; that rallied people to serve their neighbor," and that he "came to Washington, D.C., with a set of political statements and worked as hard as I possibly could to do what I told the American people I would do."

(Read More) http://www.onenewsnow.com/Blog/Default.aspx?id=340736

No comments: